MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ~ INSURED QUICK DELIVERY ~ DIRECT FROM OPAL MINERS
Lapidary is the art of cutting and polishing semi-precious and precious stones.
- Select a rough sample.
- Cut off any waste and start shaping on the course cutting wheel.
- Flatten the back of your new gem (in the making) on the flatlap disks or on the cutting wheel.
- Warm your new gem and place it on top of a warmed dop stick, which is a piece of wooden doweling about half the length of a pencil with jewellers wax on one end.
- After the wax has set start working the stone on the cutting wheels progressing through the grit levels.
- Each stage removes the scratches left by the stage before the final stage, the polisher is a soft wheel with a cutting powder mixed with water on it.
- Place your gem on it's stick in your freezer over night to release the gem from the wax.
- The Final job to do is finish the back of the stone, dop the front of the gem and repeat the above.
|| © 2002-2011, J. J. 4 IT Ltd